We are currently seeking an Automation Project Engineer to support our growing business!
- The position is based within the Pall Manufacturing UK Ltd, responsible for the delivery systems within Pall Biotech’s single use hardware portfolio
- Ensure alignment to Pall software governance policies and associated standards.
- Work with vendors to establish the best practical automation solutions and ensure conformity of vendor supply.
- Working within Pall Biotech community to drive life cycle management of existing single use technologies and automation on products and platforms for the Biotechnology market.
- Deliver platform approaches that free our products from previous constraints, unlocking easier customization, shorter lead times and simpler integration.
- Authority, advising, leading or directing automation aspects of projects.
Progressing assigned projects relating to the initial requirements; design, development, verification and transfer to end users as part of a global multi-disciplinary project team.
- Technical management of sub-contractors unassisted.
- Automation platform design and implementation.
- Supporting of software validation including executing software FATs at supplier’s sites.
- Guiding to ensure products are developed to meet current industry and customer requirements.
- Supporting sourcing groups in analysing and identifying strong vendors and partners.
- Authoring protocol and test documentation for internal audience as well as end users.
- Providing ongoing expertise for technical problem-solving.
- Regular reporting for partner information.
- Promote and coordinate project internally within Design, Procurement, Manufacturing, Documentation and Installation teams.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of projects to external and internal customers, including budgetary, technical and scheduling indications at regular review meetings.
- Ensure all project documentation is up to date, including output to other manufacturing databases is carried out correctly.
- Implement and support continuous improvement.
- Support New Product Introduction projects, being a key partner within the project team.
- Lead project technical repositories.
- Support automation platform integration to end user solutions.
Implement automation policy and strategic direction into individual projects.
- Review of vendor output.
- Partake in project design reviews.
- Support the tracking of Pall Automation library change requests, bugs and features and associated library management activities.
Working with external vendors and partners.
- Critical review of vendors.
- Responsible for Pall team compliance to change management.
- Support of automation supplier audits where required.
Some travel within the UK, as well as international travel will be required as part of project and team responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications/ Experience:
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Experience of industrial automated equipment and / or control systems philosophy ideally in regulated environments.
- Educated in Automation Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Process / Chemical •Engineering - Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working in a project based organisation.
- Experience within healthcare (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical) is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of GAMP - Good Automation Manufacturing Practice.
- Project management qualification and / or experience in high value projects desirable.
- To work safely and to follow the company’s health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies and procedures.
- Driving License.