Jul 30, 2020
Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-Glasgow
Security Technology & Controls Management
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, teamwork and giving back.
The Technology division collaborates with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients businesses and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacentre, network, computer, cloud, storage, and database services.
Windows Level 3 (L3) analyst required to work in the L3 Data Protection team, providing highest level of security consultancy and operational support of data security infrastructure components. The role is based around operational stability and development of a large global environment of 10K+ Microsoft Windows servers and 85K+ Microsoft XP/Win7 Desktops. The role will focus on the security products and tooling utilized to manage the platform. The role is suited to an experienced Windows Systems Administrator or Platform Engineer with a proven understanding in enterprise platform security. An additional key component of this role is project based, with numerous activities to expand and enhance the services provided within the environment.
The Data Protection group provides a stable, yet agile and dynamic infrastructure platform to support the business functional requirements whilst managing associated risks. The role in question concentrates on the provisioning of security tools and services to internal client groups. Tool development experience is essential to assist the global teams in developing and deploying technology solutions to automate tasks
- Analysis and development of data security initiatives
- Provide consultancy services to other IT Security teams
- Provide architecture assurance on security initiatives
- Maintain security infrastructure, providing stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available
- Provide a secure environment, managing and mitigating risks
- Provide reporting and metrics
- Resolve Incidents impacting hosts or environment
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation including Documenting & Publishing fixes in central knowledge base
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and procedures and provide innovative ideas
- Undertake problem ownership
- Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated from
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required, resulting in satisfactory resolution
- Active participation within and amongst teams and colleagues, providing constructive feedback when necessary
- Regularly re-evaluate processes and procedures and Instigate service improvement initiatives
- Identify areas for automation and scripting wherever possible
- Maximize the use of existing resources, skills and technologies for the greatest benefit
- Responsibility for the planning and controlled execution of releases into the managed environment
- Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices
- Interpersonal Skills - Communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player
- Windows Operating Systems (up to and including debugging)
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, Group Policy, DNS / WINS
- General networking (firewalls, routing, NAT, SI Model, packet trace and analysis, etc.)
- MSCS Clustering
- Microsoft Internet information Services (IIS)
- Project management Skills
- Hardware Vendor software & toolsets (HP/Dell/IBM)
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Linux
- Platform build tools (for example, Altiris, Bladelogic, etc)
- Scripting and Development skills (PowerShell)
- Windows 2008 & HPC
- Experience in one of the following:
- Varonis DataPrivilege (DP)
- Varonis DatAdvantage (DA)
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
** Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees **
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.